The focus of this course is managing Red Hat OpenStack Platform using the unified command-line interface, managing instances, and maintaining an enterprise deployment of OpenStack. This course also teaches the management and customization of an enterprise deployment of OpenStack (overcloud) and how to manage compute nodes with Red Hat OpenStack Platform director (undercloud).
Exam competencies covered in the course include:
- Expanding compute nodes on Red Hat OpenStack Platform using the undercloud.
- Managing images, networking, and block storage.
- Providing orchestration and auto-scaling (scale-out and scale-back).
- Building a customized image.
Course content summary
- Build and customize an image
- Write a Heat template
- Diagnose and troubleshoot OpenStack issues holistically
- Manage Ceph storage in an OpenStack environment
- Scale compute nodes
- Migrate instances
- Scale stacks automatically