Red Hat Certified System Administrator
An RHCSA certification is earned when an IT professional demonstrates the core system administration skills required in Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® environments. Prerequisites The RHCSA is Red Hat's core system administration certification and represents the common core of skills every Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrator should have.
An IT professional that has earned an RHCSA certification has demonstrated skills in areas of system administration common across a wide range of environments and deployment scenarios. An RHCSA is able to perform the following: Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation. Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes. Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems. Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services. Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services. Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication. Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration.
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), is a new certification from Red Hat, along with the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL 6). RHCSA shall now be the a universal entry point into the Red Hat certification programs. In RHEL 6, RHCSA replaces Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT).
RHCSA Consist of Two Modules:
* RH124 - Red Hat System Administration I (SA I)
* RH135 - Red Hat System Administration II (SA II)
These modules when combined, prepares the delegate for the RHCSA certification exam which include;
* EX 200- RHCSA Certification Exam.
Changes to RHCE Certification
* All must earn RHCSA Certification to get RHCE (although they may attempt for RHCE exam, before getting certified as RHCSA) * In RHEL 5 and earlier versions, RHCTs are re-tested on RHCT elements when they take RHCE exam. But in RHEL 6, after RHCSA certification there will not be any re-test on same skill. As RHCE will not have RHCSA embedded within it, as RHCT was in RHEL 5.
Like all other Red Hat certifications, exam for RHCSA is also performance based. This evaluates knowledge and skills through hands-on, lab based exam. Starting with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, one must pass both the RHCSA (EX 200) and RHCE (EX 300) exams in order to get their RHCE Certification. This is same as the existing condition that candidates pass both RHCT and RHCE components in the existing RHCE exam, except that the two exams are now separate.
Who need RHCSA Certification?
* RHCEs on RHEL 4.0, whose certification would be outdated from Jan 10, 2010
* Candidates who have completed RHEL 5.4 training and forthcoming exam takers
* Candidates doing RHCE on RHEL 6
RHCSA Training Course
Amrita Technologies offers RHCSA training as regular courses and bootcamp courses. We offer the RHCSA modules Red Hat System Administration - SA I (RH155) and Red Hat System Administration - SA II (RH135) along with the required RHCE modules, in our training packages, so that you may expedite your journey to your RHCE certification under RHEL 6.
Copyright © 2018 Caribou Media. All Rights reserved.